Summer is the season of vibrant produce and outdoor gatherings, where the flavours of fresh ingredients take centre stage. If you're following a ketogenic diet, you might think your options are limited, but fear not! The keto lifestyle can be just as enjoyable during the summer months. In this blog post, we've compiled five mouthwatering keto-friendly recipes that embrace the essence of summer, allowing you to indulge in delicious and healthy meals while staying in ketosis. Get ready to savour the flavours of summer with these tantalizing recipes! If you want to skip the mess of cooking it yourself you can checkout best keto meal delivery Canada by LiveFit Foods too.
KETO Zucchini Noodle Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Zucchini Noodle Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette is a light, refreshing, and keto-friendly dish that showcases the versatility of zucchini noodles. This salad is a perfect choice for those seeking a healthy, low-carb alternative to traditional pasta salads while still enjoying the flavours of summer.
- 4 medium zucchini, spiralized
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini noodles, cherry tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onion, and chopped parsley.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the zucchini noodle mixture and toss gently to coat.
- Allow the salad to marinate for 10-15 minutes before serving.
- This refreshing and light salad is the perfect accompaniment to any summer meal!
Flavourful chorizo sausage sautéed to perfection, and seasoned with hints of tarragon and cayenne. Combined with nutrient rich vegetables like broccoli, shiitake mushrooms, peppers, and spinach it’s guaranteed to get a mouth watering reaction from the whole family!
- 4 oz chorizo sausage
- 2 oz broccoli (can substitute with cauliflower)
- 2 oz shiitake mushrooms
- 2 oz bell peppers (any colour works!)
- 2 oz spinach (can substitute with kale or another leafy green)
- 3 oz tomato sauce
- Chop chorizo sausage into bite sized pieces.
- Add to a frying pan and sauté with the broccoli, peppers, mushrooms and spinach until the vegetables are tender.
- Add tomato sauce to the pan and mix until the vegetables and chorizo sausage are coated.
- Plate and enjoy!
With our homemade Bombay curry sauce is the star of the show in this dish, featuring nutty coconut, turmeric and garam masala spices. Generously lathered on top of baked Canadian Atlantic salmon and steamed broccoli florets to enjoy during dinner time.
- 4 oz salmon filet
- 6 oz broccoli
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 can (400g) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Salt, to taste
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large saucepan or skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté until it becomes soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and cook for an additional minute, stirring continuously.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground cumin, ground coriander, ground turmeric, chilli powder, and garam masala.
- Add the spice mixture to the pan and stir well, coating the onions, garlic, and ginger with the spices.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes to toast the spices and release their flavours.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and coconut milk.
- Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavours to meld and the sauce to thicken slightly.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and let it cool slightly.
- Transfer the sauce to a blender or use an immersion blender to puree until smooth.
- Once blended, return the sauce to the pan and season with salt to taste.
- If the sauce is too thick, you can add a little more vegetable broth or coconut milk to achieve the desired consistency.
- Simmer the sauce for another 5 minutes to allow the flavours to come together.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or pan sear salmon filet until cooked through.
- Top salmon with warmed coconut curry sauce.
- Serve with a side of steamed broccoli and enjoy!
KETO Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers
Grilled Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers are a delectable keto-friendly dish that brings together the succulent flavours of shrimp with zesty hints of lemon and garlic. These skewers are perfect for summer cookouts or any occasion when you want to enjoy a light and flavourful seafood dish.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, olive oil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add the shrimp to the bowl and toss until well-coated with the marinade.
- Thread the shrimp onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill the shrimp skewers for 2-3 minutes per side until they turn pink and opaque.
- Serve hot and enjoy the burst of zesty flavours!
KETO Avocado Caprese Salad
Avocado Caprese Salad is a refreshing and vibrant dish that puts a delightful twist on the classic Caprese salad by incorporating creamy avocado. This keto-friendly salad is a perfect choice for those hot summer days when you crave something light, flavourful, and packed with healthy ingredients.
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella balls
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado slices, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and torn basil leaves.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the salad.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss the ingredients until well combined.
- Allow the flavours to meld for a few minutes before serving.
- This refreshing salad is perfect for those hot summer days!
With these five keto-friendly recipes, you can embrace the flavours of summer while adhering to your keto lifestyle. From grilled shrimp skewers to refreshing zucchini noodle salad, these recipes will keep your taste buds satisfied and your summer gatherings memorable. Enjoy the season's bountiful produce and savour the flavours of summer in a healthy, keto-friendly way! If you want to skip the prep work try LiveFit Foods best keto meal delivery Canada.